The members of the Select Board are the chief elected authority for the town and constitute a three-member Board. Each member serves a three-year term with one member elected annually.
The Board has several responsibilities under State statute including, but not limited to, the power to prepare the town meeting warrant or agenda, appointments to town boards and offices, employment of professional administrative staff and town counsel, the power to sign warrants for the payment of town bills and the authority to grant licenses and permits.
In addition the Board sets policy and strategic direction, develops the annual town budget, coordinates the activities of other boards, and hears appeals and resolves problems that have not been settled at lower levels. The Board works with its Town Administrator who oversees the day-to-day operation of the Town under the Board’s direction.
Chain of Authority
In the event of an emergency where none of the select board members are available, the chain of authority would next pass to the chair of the finance committee and then the chair of the planning board. (Copied from the Select Board minutes dated September 14, 2009).
|Todd Olanyk||Vice Chair||2023|
Every other Monday at 7:00 PM in Town Hall except for Holidays.
The Board also meets as needed from time-to-time at Town Hall. All scheduled meetings and agendas are posted as required by state law on the posting board and in the online town calendar.
- Town of Ashfield General Bylaws (revised July 2020)
- Town of Ashfield Zoning Bylaws (PDF)
- Current Year Ashfield Annual Town Report (PDF)
- Previous Years Town Annual Town Reports
- Public Records Access Guidelines (Rev 6/26/2017) (PDF)
- Other Select Board documents if not listed on this page
- Town Common Application for Special Event License (PDF Rev 01/2008) - Application to use of town common for special events.
- Town Hall Use - Policy, Procedures and Application (PDF - Rev 2016) - Policy, procedures and application for use of Town Hall building.
- Town Meeting Article - Citizen Petition Form (PDF) - Form used to submit a proposed "Warrant Article" to be voted on at town meeting.
- Other Select Board forms if not listed on this page.