CALL 911 for ALL police, fire, medical or any other emergency!
Please do not call the stations directly since they are not staffed at all times even during regular business hours. Our staff is often out in the community conducting services for the town or providing assistance to others.
Important Phone Numbers
- Emergencies: 911
for all emergencies
- Directory Assistance: 411
- Human Services: 211 (Human service or to locate someone)
- Power Outage: 800-286-2000 - Call this number to report power outages
- Telephone Services: 800-555-1212 - Call this number to report loss of telephone service
REPORT ANY PROBLEM YOU ENCOUNTER. DON'T ASSUME SOMEONE ELSE REPORTED IT!
The Town of Ashfield is serviced by Highland Ambulance. Calls to 911 will be routed for ambulance service.
During any large storm (ice storm, hurricane, tornado) the Ashfield Emergency Command Center will be open 24 hours. The Center is located at the Fire Station on Main Street.
Ashfield Codes for Emergency Siren Signals
- One Long Ring: Tornado Warning, take cover
- Two Rings: Saturday noon siren test
- Three Rings: Ashfield Dam Emergency or problem at Ashfield Lake; residents on Bronson Ave should evacuate to Sanderson Academy; residents on Main St, Buckland Rd and Conway Rd should get ready to evacuate.
- Four Rings: Hazardous Material Spill; residents should call Fire Station for more information.
- Five Rings: Forest Fire; fire department will need help, come to fire station.
- Six Rings: Structure Fire; fire Department may need help, come to fire station.
One Call System (aka Blackboard Connect)
One Call System is used as an emergency alerting system during times of emergencies and in some cases a public messaging system for certain town functions. There are three town employees that have the ability to activate the One Call System and they are; the Town Clerk, the Town Administrator and the Emergency Management Director. On most occasions the Emergency Management Director will be the primary person to send these messages out.
When a One Call System message is sent, the caller ID displayed will be of Town Hall phone number; 413-628-4441. The town will always self identify, so please don’t hang up!
All residents are registered in the One Call System. If your phone number has the 625 prefix and your physical address is in Ashfield you will get the calls unless you opt out of the program.
If you are currently not receiving these messages it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You may have asked to be removed from our database
- You have an unlisted phone number
- You may have recently moved into Ashfield and your number has not been updated yet.
If you would like to be added to the database please e-mail Emergency Management at emails listed in the "Contact Us" section of this page. Or call the Assistant Town Clerk at 413-628-4441 Ext: 3.
If you would like receiving these messages please provide the information listed below. Your personal information will be secured on the "One Call System":
- House physical address (not mailing address)
- Phone number and cell phone number