Board of Assessors
Ashfield Board of Assessors provides fiscal stability by promptly, fairly and equitably determining the valuation of all real and personal property located in the Town of Ashfield.
Under law the board assess all property at its full and fair market value each year for the purpose of taxation. This is accomplished through the maintenance and administration of all property data records working closely with Patriot Properties. Additionally, the Board also administers motor vehicle tax, real, personal and motor vehicle excise tax abatement, and all statutory tax exemptions as allowed by law.
Assessment Property Info
The fiscal year rate is assessed per $1,000 of property assessed value.
- Fiscal Year 2018 - Property Tax Rate: $17.18.
- Fiscal Year 2018 - Water District Tax Rate: $2.11
The Ashfield Board of Assessors typically meets twice a month at 6 PM at Town Hall unless otherwise posted. For more information on the next meeting or to make an appointment Contact the Assessor’s Clerk.
Minutes & Agendas
Current and past Board of Assessors' minutes and agendas are found in the Board's "Minutes & Agenda" online folder.
- Fiscal Year 2017 Values (PDF)
- Real Estate & Personal Property Bills Address Change (PDF)
- Chapter Land Information (PDF)
- What to know in order to file an abatement? (PDF)
- Financial Hardship Policy (PDF)
- Chapter 61 Programs (PDF) - A document on understanding the Massachusetts Chapter 61 Current Use Tax Programs.
Other Board of Assessors related documents are found at the Board's "Documents" online folder.
- Application for Abatement of Real/Personal Property Tax (PDF)
- Motor Vehicle Excise Abatement Application (PDF)
- Application for Chapter Land (PDF)
- Property Owner's Acknowledgement for Chapter 61 (PDF)
- Property Owner's Acknowledgement for Chapter 61A (PDF)
- Property Owner's Acknowledgement for Chapter 61B (PDF)
- Application for Statutory Exemption (PDF) - For individuals who may qualify as senior, surviving spouse/minor, veteran or blind.
- Financial Hardship Application for Property Tax Deferral (PDF)
- Taxable Personal Property Form of List (PDF)
Other Board of Assessors related downloadable forms are found at the Board's "Forms" online folder.
In accordance with state law, a town-wide property revaluation is completed in the fall. The assessed values are used to set the new tax rate in December and appear on your third and fourth quarter tax bills.