- Town Government
- Town Administrator
Provides support services to the Select Board in managing town affairs, and assists the boards / committees under the jurisdiction of the Select Board, other related work as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Advise the Board and general public on the current status of affairs of the Town and responsible for preparing an annual report of the previous year’s activities.
- Apply and look for grants
- Assist with preparations for annual Town Meetings and Special Town Meetings.
- The Assistant Administrator performs such other duties as may be directed by the Board of Selectmen.
- Attend meetings of the Select Board; preparing and providing supporting documents and agenda items; take minutes of the meeting.
- Carry out the directives of the Select Board, prepare reports and written communications as part of these activities.
- Preparation of bills for the Accountant pertaining to a range of town departments and budgets; also will assist in the maintenance and monitoring of budget balances.
- Responsible for implementing all Select Board policy decisions and providing staff in all departments with the clear and efficient operating procedures necessary to carry out Board policy mandates.
- Responsible for the maintenance of sound positive public relations between the Town and its citizens; between the Town and other governmental agencies and between the various boards and committees that make up Town Government. Attend Board meetings and or Committee meetings as deemed necessary.
- Serve as the liaison between the Select Board and town committees / departments and regional government.
- Serve as liaison between the Select Board and various public and private agencies and the businesses and the citizens of the Town.
- Serve as the purchasing agent for the Town.
- Work closely with the Select Board, Finance Committee, and department heads in the annual consolidation of a proposed budget, and the administration of the budget once adopted.