The members of the Ashfield Police Department are committed to excellence in law enforcement and are dedicated to the citizens and traditions of Ashfield. We will provide a progressive level of service and protection to the public with integrity, understanding and compassion. We will achieve this goal by setting the highest standards of professionalism now and in the future.
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!
On December 14, 2018, Text-to-9-1-1 was deployed across the Commonwealth. This is one of the most exciting changes for accessibility to emergency services in more than 20 years. When a citizen sends a text message to 911, it will be routed to an emergency call center based on the location information provided by the carrier. For this reason, when a citizen sends a Text-to-9-1-1, they should make every effort to text the town name, address or location that they are located in. For more on Text-to-9-1-1 review this informative FAQ.
- Chief Beth Bezio
- Sergeant Fred Bezio, FTO, Civil Rights Officer
- Ofc. Gretchen Gerstner, Community Officer
- Ofc. William Bissell, Patrol
- Ofc. Eric Haberman, Patrol
Scheduled Office Hours
Due to response to calls and other responsibilities, we do not have open office hours. If it is an emergency call 911.
Prior to coming to our office and in order to make sure we are in please call the station first at 413-628-4441 Ext: 1.
If you wish to schedule an appointment to see an officer, please leave a message on our voice mail. We will return your call as promptly as possible.
FID & LTC: To renew or apply for FID or LTC please contact the station at 413-628-4441 Ext: 1 to schedule an appointment.
If you are not sure whether something is a scam please feel free to call the department to discuss it privately. Anything discussed and all matter will remain confidential.
- COVID-19 related scams (PDF)
- Chimney Sweep Scam (PDF)
- Year 2020 Scam (PDF)
- Social Security Call Scam (PDF)
- Hacked Facebook Scam (PDF)
- SMS Text Message Scam - Smishing (PDF)
- IRS Schemes Scam (PDF)
- Power Company Demand Scam (PDF)
- Tech-Support Scam (PDF)
As always, if you have any questions, concerns or comments please do not hesitate to call Chief Bezio at 413-628-4441 Ext: 1 or stop in at the station to discuss in person.
- All Night Parking Ban: As of December 1, 2017 it is unlawful to park vehicles on any street for a period of time longer than one hour between the hours of 11:00 PM and 8:00 AM. Any vehicle parked illegally under the section III of the Traffic Rules and Orders of the Town of Ashfield shall be towed and the owners of said vehicle shall be responsible for such towing charges. For information on this order refer to "All Night Parking Ban (Release 12/1/2017)".
- When should I call 911?
- Who should I call about a loose or problem dog, or a problem animal such as a sick raccoon or dead bird?
- Can the police department check my home or business while I am away on vacation?
- If on returning home I find my door open, should I go inside?
- I need to apply for or renew my pistol permit. How do I do this?