Elections & Voting
Town Caucus & Town Election
In 2021, Ashfield postponed Annual Town Meeting and Election, and also Town Caucus, by one month. This is to provide for a safe gathering during the Covid-19 pandemic as allowed by Chapter 5 of the Acts of 2021, which extended for this year provisions similar to those passed due to Covid in 2020. The delay for Town Caucus, Annual Town Meeting, and Town Election was approved by a vote of Ashfield's Select Board on Monday, February 8, 2021.
Town Caucus was held on April 20, 2021: Results are here
Annual Town Meeting: Saturday, June 5, 2021: More info here
Town Elections: Saturday, June 5, 2021 - The polls will open at approximately 10:00 AM after article 1 has been voted in by those present at the Annual Town Meeting. Ashfield has one polling location, in the Lower Hall of Ashfield’s Town Hall, at 412 Main Street. See a Specimen Ballot here.
- Vote By Mail is available to all registered voters. Requests for a ballot must be received in writing by 5 pm on Tuesday, June 1. Please use the application available here, and return your completed to the Town Clerk using the drop box outside of Town Hall or via our mailing address.
- Early In-Person voting will be available at Town Hall (no appointment needed) the following days and times. Please wear your mask and be prepared to follow the standard Covid-19 protocols.
|Early In-Person Voting|
|Wednesday, May 26, 2021||10 am to 4 pm, and 7 to 8 pm|
|Thursday, May 27, 2021||10 am to 2 pm|
|Tuesday, June 1, 2021||10 am to 2 pm|
|Wednesday, June 2, 2021||10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 7 pm|
|Thursday, June 3, 2021||10 am to 2 pm|
The last day to register to vote before Annual Town Election is Wednesday, May 26, 2021. Town Hall will be open that day for voter registration from 10 am to 4 pm, and from 7 to 8 pm. There are various ways to register, listed below.
- Online - Click here to register through the Secretary of State’s voter registration website. You will receive a confirmation in the mail when your registration is processed.
- By Mail - Click here to download a registration form that can be printed and mailed to the Town Clerk. You can also call the Town Clerk to have a form mailed to you.
- In Person - You can register at Town Hall during the hours listed above, or during early voting hours, or you may contact the Town Clerk to make an appointment. Please wear as mask and be prepared to follow Covid-19 protocols at Town Hall.
Make sure you complete your town census every year to remain an active voter in Ashfield. Blank town census forms can be downloaded and printed here and then returned to the Town Clerk.
For information and results on town caucuses in prior years, click here.
Another source of election and voter information is the Massachusetts Elections website.
If you are looking for elections-related information that you cannot find on this page, please contact the Town Clerk at (413) 628-4441 Ext: 5 or by email at TownClerk@Ashfield.org.