During any large storm (ice storm, hurricane, tornado) the Ashfield Emergency Command Center will be open 24 hours. The Center is located at the Fire Station on Main Street and can be reached by calling 413-628-4441, ext 2. or faxing 413-628-0228.
Useful Phone Numbers
- Emergencies: 911
- Directory Assistance (To find another person's phone number): 411
- Human Services and to locate someone: 211
- To report a power outage: 800-286-2000
- To report loss of telephone service: 800-555-1212
Never think someone else will call. Make sure to report your problems.
The Town of Ashfield is serviced by Highland Ambulance. Calls to 911 will be routed for ambulance service.
Ashfield Codes for Emergency Siren Signals
- One Long Ring: Tornado Warning, take cover
- Two Rings: Saturday noon siren test
- Three Rings: Ashfield Dam Emergency or problem at Ashfield Lake; residents on Bronson Ave should evacuate to Sanderson Academy; residents on Main St, Buckland Rd and Conway Rd should get ready to evacuate.
- Four Rings: Hazardous Material Spill; residents should call Fire Station for more information.
- Five Rings: Forest Fire; fire department will need help, come to fire station.
- Six Rings: Structure Fire; fire Department may need help, come to fire station.
One Call System (aka Blackboard Connect)
The One Call System is used as an emergency alerting system during times of emergencies and some cases a public messaging system for certain town functions. There are three town employees that have the ability to activate the One Call System: the Town Clerk and the Town Administrator, however on most occasions the Emergency Manager will be the primary person to send these messages. When a message is sent, you will notice the Town Hall phone number (413-628-4441) on your caller I.D. The town will always self identify, so please don’t hang up!
All residents are registered in the One Call System. If your phone number has the 625 prefix and your physical address is in Ashfield you will get the calls unless you opt out of the program. If you are currently not receiving these messages it is could be for one of the following reasons: 1. You may have asked to be removed from our database, 2. You have an unlisted phone number, or 3. You may have recently moved into Ashfield. If you would like to be added to the database please e-mail the Emergency Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Assistant Town Clerk, (413-628-4441 EXT 3). Please provide your name, house address (not mailing address), phone number and your cell phone number if you would like to begin to receive these messages. Your personal information will be secured on the One Call System.